Monday 30 September 2024

Jonmo Hoy Na, Mrityu Hoi Na ( Born is not, Death is not)

 Born is not, Death is not 

                                        Sunil Gangopadhyay 




There is no born of my love

There is no death

Because I am born with another kind of loving jewellery in my body

Nobody gave my name, with three to four pen name my outing in the earth

Watching fire deemed it light, my hand burns in light

Watching people in darkness deemed to be easy

And remained in the whirl of illusion of darkness.

Somebody bestows me with title,

Somebody keeps thousands fie in the two eyes

Still my born-shield is love and loved it

I do not get frightened,

There is no born of my love, no death. 


Translated from Bengali Poetry "Jonmo Hoy Na, Mrityu Hoi Na" by Sunil Gangopadhyay

Translated by Suman Das 

Thank You for reading 

Reviews and criticisms are always acceptable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment